Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome Aboard.............

In my 30 years of life I have been experimenting with food right from the Anna's "chhapra" around the corner to bright red painted chinese "thela" to roadside highway "dhabas" to a typical Shetty Udipi "mess" to "A La Carte" in some fancy restaurant......... A very early memory is that when I was around four or five years old and was seated on my father's lap while he was having his lunch or breakfast, don't remember which one. What I remember was that he was having an egg omlette with green chillies. I am not sure whether intentionally or unintentionally my father fed me a morsel of that omlette with a green chilli... And shhhhh......haaaaa......!!!!!!!!! shhhhhh..... haaaaaa.........!!!!!!!!I went off with tears in my eyes not exactly knowing what happened. And then fast forward to my college days when I would relish ten to twelve my mom's dried green chillies in yogurt with every meal!!!!!!!!! And again I would go shhhhhh....... haaaaa.........!!!!!!! shhhhhhhhh.............. haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! but now enjoying every minute of it!!!!!!!
A foodie is described as "a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink)" but I do not adhere to that definition with regards to me as a foodie. I would say I am a "person who has an ardent or refined interest in food which I have tried and tasted and been devoted to it all this time....." It can start with a simple rice "kanji" or "payz" which my mom would prepare for us when we were sick to the aromatic, sizzling, hot fried fish which my mami would prepare in almost oil-less base to Ramsay Gordon's soft, creamy, flavorfull scrambled eggs on toast!!! That's why this blog is dedicated to "My Kinda Food". If interested please join me on this gastronomic adventure and I promise you won't end with a bad taste in your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. I am totallyyyyyy interested. Give me recipes for fish, prawns, meat, salads, kokum curry, etc. Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete